How to Foil Gybe
Steps to Foil Gybing
- Sailing on a broad reach make sure you are foiling and stable
- Tidy up the mainsheet so it's in front of you and won't get tangled in your feet
- Bear away and keep the boat flat (you might need to ease sheet a few inches)
- Step in towards centre of boat and push tiller extension through gap at front
- Get head under sail and apply more tiller to turn the boat and encourage sail to come across onto new side.
- Continue moving to new side
- After sail comes across trim and get stable
- Then switch hands with tiller
Register or Login to post a comment.